(Effective 29 June 2018)
Welcome to Integrated Pavement Solutions (IPS)!
However, we do want to let you know that IPS may provide third-party content or links to third-party websites or apps (or may include features that allow our Account Holders, like you, to connect to your IPS Account with third-parties, such as Apple, Microsoft, or Google apps and content). Every company is different, so when you leave our Services or interact with third-party features/services, you should read such third-party’s privacy policies and terms of service to understand how they may collect and share your information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from all our Account Holders to provide better IPS Services. We collect information through:
- the information that you provide us. This is information that you input when you register for an Account via our Website and become an Account Holder – this may include your name, email address, billing information, and country of residence.
- the information from usage of IPS Services. This is information related to your usage of IPS Services and IPS Products. Such information may include your device/equipment information, server logs related to your usage of IPS Services, location information, unique user ID numbers, and cookies (or similar technologies).
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
The information IPS collects helps us keep you posted on IPS’s latest announcements, software updates, and future events or contests. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, feel free to opt-out anytime by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
Any of the information IPS collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions and transaction related activities, such as billing.
- To help IPS create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve IPS products, services, content and advertising, and for misconduct and anti-fraud purposes, such as verification of the Account Holder.
- For auditing, data analysis, and research to improve IPS Services & Products, and customer communications, such as respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To send periodic emails to notify you of any changes in IPS Services, including important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to IPS’s terms, conditions, and policies. This information is important to servicing the Account Holder, therefore, such communications may not be opted out.
- In IPS events (such as sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions), the Account Holder may provide personal information to enter such events, the information provided may be used to administer such event programs.
Your personal information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other non-affiliated company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering our Services or Products that you have purchased or requested.
IPS only stores Account Holders’ information as long as permitted by law. If there is no regulation, then IPS will only store an Account Holder’s information for a reasonable period to provide IPS Service, this may include non-use or until the Account Holder closes the account.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties the Account Holder’s personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third-parties who assist us in operating the IPS website, IPS Service, conducting our business, or servicing the Account Holder, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Trusted Third-Parties Who Are Acting on Our Behalf. IPS may share your personal information with third-parties who are our agents or service providers. They will need your personal information in order to perform services that we had requested so that your purchased Services and Products function properly. Additionally, the activities that such agents and service providers may provide could include designing or upgrading our systems, features testing, tracking our Service performance, market research, collaboration to improve our Services, feedback management, and other IPS Services related activities.
Partners Whose Service That You have Requested. IPS Products and Services may allow you to interact with our Partners’ products and services. In such cases, we will send you to their site so that you may provide them the information directly. Simply remember to visit their policies regarding privacy and service terms and conditions.
You Public Post the Information. As a part of IPS Services, you may be able to post your comments, reviews, feedbacks, suggestions or other content publicly, which may include your Personal Information. What is public is public. Do visit our Community Etiquette page for more information.
Corporate Change. IPS may disclose and transfer your information, both personal and non-personal, to a third-party as a part of or in preparation of corporate change, such as a change in control, restructuring, or the sale/transfer of assets. Under such circumstances, IPS will notify you, the Account Holder, either via email (using the email address on your IPS Account) or clearly posted on our website.
Government and Legal Purposes. IPS may also release your information when IPS believes such release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Outside the EEA. IPS is an United States of America business entity, therefore, we may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled but it won’t affect the user’s experience. However, you can still place orders.
If you would like to know more, please consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website (aboutcookies.org) which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
WE USE GOOGLE ADWORDS
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdWords on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
IPS along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at IPS’s discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, IPS has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, IPS does seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these third-party sites.
ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
IPS values your privacy and has taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU). IPS, therefore, will not distribute or process, respectively, your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
IPS Products and its Services are intended for those who are legally able to enter into a contract for our Services (generally, those who are 18 years or older). If minors want to use our Products and Services, adult permission and supervision is advised. Our Account Holders are required to have already purchased a IPS Product to register for an account.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Canadian law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, IPS does:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and IPS will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
WITH YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT
Aside from the above, there may be other limited situations where we share specific types of personal information but only with your express consent.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
IPS does not track its Account Holders or website visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising; so, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser allows you to set the DNT signal on it so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
YOU CAN HELP US
You can help ensure that your information is accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.preserveasphalt.com or on your IPS App. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if IPS is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by emailing to: email@example.com
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You may open a ticket and submit your request. There’s a charge of USD$15 to cover the cost of providing this information.